Real Rides.

1 ... 10111213141516 ... 19

Re: Fatboy’s rig

hacksaw
I totally agree with you.
But that’s the style . The Fury is pretty blatant . Yamaha Raider? I really  didn’t follow the jap factory “custom”
Cruisers, but the Fury does stand out as a jackpot clone.
Ness did Visions as well. But the Vision was beyond even Ness help.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

Re: Fatboy’s rig

hacksaw
Polaris screwed victory customers. That’s why to this point anywzy, I haven’t  more considered buying Indian. And I was an Indian man before Harley and triumph. Brand loyalty  is a one way street these days.

We had a good victory dealer here.
Which I suppose could still work on victory . But where does one get parts? That’s why the ness bike here is low asking price with 33k miles on it. It’s not a cult classic (yet) And as a daily rider is an orphan .

Visions were indeed a bold attempt at differentiating from Harley’s. Even Ness couldn’t really stop the eye bleeding .
But after all that Polaris pulls the plug

Re: Fatboy’s rig

Introducing Bozo!
The worlds most famous klown!

Re: Fatboy’s rig

monkeyshines
Every once in a while you’ll see a vision in the wild, saw this one last week at an harley dealer. Primary cover looks familiar.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

hacksaw
That’s different than seeing wild visions ?
Johnny lives!

Re: Fatboy’s rig

whatarush
This is my first time seeing one in the wild. I could see one sitting in the my one day. I really don’t like swapping bikes on a out of state trip but, I may have to change that this weekend

IMG-6160

IMG-6162

IMG-6169

Re: Fatboy’s rig

hacksaw
Doesn’t look very comfortable for an out of state ride. I thought these were basically street legal race bikes .
Radiators aren’t my thing anyway.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

hacksaw wrote
Doesn’t look very comfortable for an out of state ride. I thought these were basically street legal race bikes .
.
The only race bike I see is W-A-R's Aprilia. He's not your average rider. I once did a 500+ mile day through Missouri & Arkansas with him with me on a Connie and him on a ZX10. I would of been crying like a little school girl that just got whipped for smoking under the bleachers if I'd been on the ZX10.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

whatarush wrote
This is my first time seeing one in the wild. I could see one sitting in the my one day. I really don’t like swapping bikes on a out of state trip but, I may have to change that this weekend
I don't know anyone that has rode one so I'd like to hear your opinion on it. If you get a chance to take it for a spin I'd like to hear about it.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

I know nothing of Aprilias.
I am talking about the Indian street tracker .
When it first came out it was all the rage as the street version of their dirt tracker. Race bike for the street .

While I am at it. That triumph  scrambler . I know a guy whom bought one a few months back and now wants to get rid of it. Reason being he says it sucks for any type of touring .

Truth is one can tour on anything . Especially when younger . I once ride a 400F from Ct to the top of my Washington New Hampshire. Not the longest ride in the world but a tuff one in fairly high winds. But I was in my 20’s.
Today the moto scribes and the corporate marketing gurus have us all believing we need to own a dozen different bikes to fit a dozen different types of riding .
Truth is it’s all Buellshyt. I am old and yes , I will refrain from certain bikes due to deteriorating body parts , but I understand the game. It’s called separate the consumer from his money .
Who was it ? Prising? Was that his name ? Toured with his kid on a cb350.
But that was before todays mess of over complicated specialty bikes took over the moto economy .
And I don’t mean economical economy . Maybe just comical economy .
One can tour in anything . But some bikes suck for it these days.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

Krhguzzi

  I have had this one since new, It's a fun ride and definitely not a race bike, more like a standard with good brakes and suspension and race bike styling cues.   The major impediment to touring is the fuel range. At 120 miles you need to stop a lot for Fuel and it limits your route. The footpeg to seat relation is kind of tight for a old guy with knee injuries . With the stock pegs and a Corbin seat it is 20 inches, Knight designs are coming out with a lower foot peg set , as soon as those are available I will riding with a comfortable 21 inches to the pegs. The FTR is stock except for a Corbin seat and the option trail light relocator.
  I would not want a FTR as my only bike but as a second bike it is perfect.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

oldironnow
Krhguzzi wrote

  I have had this one since new, It's a fun ride and definitely not a race bike, more like a standard with good brakes and suspension and race bike styling cues.   The major impediment to touring is the fuel range. At 120 miles you need to stop a lot for Fuel and it limits your route. The footpeg to seat relation is kind of tight for a old guy with knee injuries . With the stock pegs and a Corbin seat it is 20 inches, Knight designs are coming out with a lower foot peg set , as soon as those are available I will riding with a comfortable 21 inches to the pegs. The FTR is stock except for a Corbin seat and the option trail light relocator.
  I would not want a FTR as my only bike but as a second bike it is perfect.
Just from a test ride, I support the KRHGUZZI analysis.
It feels like a standard that doesn't make compromises on handling or braking.
As to power, FTR1200 riders are running one-two in Superhooligans.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

Re: Fatboy’s rig

I think the world of my Big Scramler.
For me it really works.
I can get most what I need in the rear bag and a tank bag.
My adventures avoid the interstates, and focus on dirt roads.
It's a flat out hoot in off road or sport mode.
And those Brembo's...

Re: Fatboy’s rig

whatarush
Wasn’t able to get a leg over it 😞 But I was able to on the Scrambler and the V-Strom. The V-Strom surprised me. You could throw in into a corner and it just held the line effortlessly. Now I wish I’d bought it over my Versys.

We also had two other rides with that stayed at a different hotel. One was riding a nice Bonneville

IMG_6178

IMG_6177

Re: Fatboy’s rig

Was the Vstrom the 650 or 1000?

Re: Fatboy’s rig

whatarush

Re: Fatboy’s rig

I don’t care for the tank on my EFI T-100 Bonnie.
I bought a carb model tank and thought I might have it modified for the fuel pump .
I have yet to do so . The efi tanks are just too bulbous.
May as well get rid of the cheap looking seam as well.
1 ... 10111213141516 ... 19