Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

1 ... 567891011 ... 13

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

oldironnow
So you aren't picking quart out of sportsmanship ideals or tactics?

I hope I haven't made some kind of social error.

It seemed like a reasonable risk, as Quartararo had a weak second half last year.

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

motogrady

Since nobody has complained, let's go with the at will replacement deal at the break.

I'm still not so sure it's a good thing tho.

Look at the teams.  Spies lives could just about change his whole team.  He's got Morbidelli, they are saying 8 weeks in rehab.  He could pull an at will, and a no show, stick with MM, poof, that's a new team for all intents when racing resumes.
The guys that just let Morbidelli go, which imho was a very good call, they get another pick before things get going again, if they want.

Dunno if it's the planets lining up weird, or just the timing, but one can see, the at will, like a wild card in poker, changes things quite a bit.

I was gonna mess with you guys, and replace Quartarano with Gerloff. And change him back right before racing resumes. 😁.  Gerloff has a contract to run WSB the day Motogp resumes.  Unless
he makes some kind of deal, he's going back to Superbikes. But, the way it is now, someone with 2 picks could basically steal my team while I'm messing around.

And that my friends, ain't gonna happen.

Results later tonight.

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

If Rossi hangs it up over the break I want to replace him with:

First Choice: Oliveira
Second choice: A. Espargaro

Either one should give me the consistency I was hoping Rossi would provide. I will leave it up to MG to tell me which one I can have 😉

BTW: My team policy is no two riders on the same brand, and no replacing with the series leader, otherwise I would go for Zarco or Quart !!!
As long as your team doesn't match another Mad4, it's your call.

Same as before, whatever is listed an hour before the flag drops, that's what gets counted.

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

Allred
Looks like a hey day for Oldiron........and I think he was the only one to score on all three riders!

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

Since nobody has complained, let's go with the at will replacement deal at the break.I'm still not so sure it's a good thing tho.
I don't think it's a good idea either............maybe the option to arbitrarily change just one rider at the break? To have the option to change all three riders seems to defeat the challenge of making the season-start selection(s).

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

oldironnow
I vote for a one-rider replacement at the break.

I also feel there could be a place for a one-rider replacement whenever all three riders of a team score zero points at a meeting.

That's happened a few times this season. Those teams took a maximum hit of negative points. They've already been penalized. I would assume two riders had bad luck that race and one is consistently under-performing.

OR,

we could just carry on.

It's all a big experiment, and hopefully there will be a 'next season' to try again.

For this year, any rider can be replaced during the break for any reason whatsoever.

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

For this year, any rider can be replaced during the break for any reason whatsoever.
Sounds good. In that case I would like to replace Valentino Rossi with Mark Marquez.

Allred Team:
Pol Espargaro
Joan Mir
Mark Marquez

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

Wait just a gosh darn cotton pickin lily liver flimflam of a second,,,

Changing rules in the middle of the game? Really?
Are we men are we skirt toutin, cotton panty wearin little school girls that squat to pee?

Just my two cents.

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

Cyclevisor.com Motogp League Rd.9 Standings.

1. Mg. 341

2. Mad4. 227

3. Fat2. 215

4. Whatarush. 212

5. Oldironnow. 207

6.  Allred. 159

7. SpiesLives. 123

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

Wait just a gosh darn cotton pickin lily liver flimflam of a second,,,

Changing rules in the middle of the game? Really?
Are we men are we skirt toutin, cotton panty wearin little school girls that squat to pee?

Just my two cents.

Damn, I think I just splashed pee all over my ankles!

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

motogrady

Let's just try it.

If we run next year, I'm thinking one "at will" replacement per team per season.
On top of the no show replacement rule.
Thinking is, an owner needs to replace more than one guy, the issue might not be the riders at all.

Or, go as pure as we could.  Replace only when a guy can't run.  And when he comes back, he's back on your team.

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

Thailand round has now been canceled. There's some speculation about doubling the COTA round, which would be cool for us.

After long and sometimes G&T fueled deliberation, I have decided to stick with Rossi until he quits, even if he finishes last in every race. No wildcard. Team Mad4 abides.
That's cool.  Teams at this point are recognized as they are on the round 9 results sheet.
1 rider change, if wanted, before racing resumes.
Then it's back to the no show rule.

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

Teams at this point are recognized as they are on the round 9 results sheet.
As per my post of a little earlier on this thread, as much as I am a devoted Rossi fan, my devotion doesn't extend to his recent performances when it comes to the CycleVisor League, so I would like to replace Rossi with Marquez.

Allred's CycleVisor League Team for the remaining of 2021 season:

P. Espargaro
Marquez
Mir

.
Thanks for that Allred.  Seems we've been off forever.

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

"Team Mad4 abides."

Love it.
Supports splitting everywhere.